Python is an interpreted, interactive, object-oriented programming
language often compared to Tcl, Perl, Scheme or Java. Python includes
modules, classes, exceptions, very high level dynamic data types and
dynamic typing. Python supports interfaces to many system calls and
libraries, as well as to various windowing systems (X11, Motif, Tk,
Mac and MFC).
Programmers can write new built-in modules for Python in C or C++.
Python can be used as an extension language for applications that
need a programmable interface. This package contains most of the
standard Python modules, as well as modules for interfacing to the
Tix widget set for Tk and RPM.
Note that documentation for Python is provided in the python-docs
- delete not used patches
- delete odd manual file provides (/usr/bin/*) - rpm will generate them
- be sure to not forget to apply a patch by switching to %%autopatch
- delete very old and not needed nowadays Obsoletes and Conflicts
- use %%EVRD for more strict Requires and Provides like most other packages
- delete README.urpmi which is mostly useless now in dnf platforms (we decided that most people do not read such messages or may just miss them when a lot of packages are being installed)